Bespoke Sailing Yacht Charter Business with an outstanding, world famous, Loch Ness trading location
Inverness, Inverness-shire, Scotland
Advert ref: 1024SAF
Business Partnership are delighted to present to the market Ness and Moray Yacht Charters. This highly regarded and well-established business operates from a base in the Caledonian Canal in the City of Inverness and offers bespoke sailing holidays to explore the stunning Scottish Highlands.
The majestic Caledonian Canal run for a spectacular sixty-mile stretch, 22 miles of wide canal, the remainder being formed by natural fresh water lochs.
There are 29 locks and 10 swing bridges along the waterway, linking the world-famous Loch Ness, through the Great Glen to Loch Oich and Loch Lochy. The business has attracted many high profile domestic and international movie and filming studios in recent years. Ness and Moray Yacht Charters have been successfully operating for over 10 years and has built up a fantastic reputation with many repeat customers. There are strong forward bookings in place.
The business operation can be summarised as essentially having two offerings:
Bareboat charter - Where customers hire the yacht, usually for a period of 7 days and plan their own small group sailing holidays, exploring all the beautiful Scottish Highlands have to offer.
Skipper charter– In this scenario customers have a licensed skipper onboard who will take care of the hard work allowing guests to relax and take in the views. This offering is particularly popular with day trips however the skipper can also sleep on the yacht overnight.
The business owns two modern and fully equipped six berth yachts which are available by separate negotiation. A full fixtures list will be provided once a serious interest has been established.
The boats have been well maintained with both having had full engine rebuilds recently to last them many more years.
- Established in 2011
- Bespoke Yacht Charter and sailing business with a superb trading location
- Based on the Caledonian Canal in the Scottish Highlands close to the world famous Loch Ness
- Season is generally April to October but but trades year round with high demand particularly around school and public holidays
- Strong and constantly increasing forward bookings in place (Summer 2021)
- Two exceptionally well equipped yachts (Merlins Magic and Touch of Frost) available by separate negotiation
- Modern website which performs exceptionally well on SEO rankings and a strong presence across social media channels
- Members of all key trade bodies that represent sailing tourism in Scotland as well as advertising the yachts on all major online platforms
- The only sailing yacht charter company on this world famous stretch of water
Boats operate from a base on the Caledonian Canal, Inverness
Reason For Selling:
Our client wishes to reduce work commitments and focus on spending more time with his young family.
There are no other sailing yacht charter companies within 150 miles.
A new owner could expand or configure the fleet as they so desired. There is also scope to increase prices whilst still remaining competitive.
Further expansion potential could be a coperation with other local companies such as B&B's or the set up of a new charter base.
Support & training:
My client is happy to offer an extensive handover period if required and would even work as "charter manager" for a certain time if this would be attractive to the new purchaser.